Area of Expertise: Occupational Therapist
Qualifications: MSc BA Hons Dip COT HPC OT15661
Tricia specialises in traumatic brain injury and spinal injuries and has over 28 years’ experience working with clients with complex needs in a variety of rehabilitation settings. These include acute trauma, social services and community rehabilitation. She holds a Masters in Neurological Rehabilitation from Brunel University.
For the last 19 years Tricia has developed her private practice Patricia Corbett Occupational Therapy Ltd, working with case managers and the appointed multidisciplinary team to maximise the independence and quality of life for individuals with a traumatic brain injury and spinal injury. These clients often present with complex needs, which requires experience and a robust approach. The scope of her skills involves assessment for major equipment and environmental adaptations as well as providing cognitive and physical rehabilitation in the context of functional activities.
Tricia is trained in the following assessments; these can provide standardised information on a person’s capacity to safely perform functional tasks. The application of these assessments assist in the formulation of appropriate goals and act as outcome measure. These include:
- The Functional Capacity Evaluation Measure (FCE), which provides information on work capacities.
- Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (AMPS) providing a detailed profile on functional task capacities
- Cognitive Assessment Test certified with Pearson Assessment for assessing memory, executive function and attentional skills
- Anxiety and Fatigue management assessment, training and intervention including sleep hygiene
- Goal Attainment Scale (GAS)