Area of Expertise: Speech and Language Therapist
Qualifications: BSc, PGDip, MRCSLT ,MASLTIP , registered with HCPC
Cathy is an independent Specialist Speech and Language Therapist based in Woking, Surrey. She has 16 years NHS experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist with adults with complex communication and swallowing difficulties following Stroke, Head Injury and other Neurological Conditions. Until 2016 Cathy worked for 6 years as the Lead Speech & Language Therapist at a local NHS Neurorehabilitation Unit.
Cathy has extensive experience providing specialist assessment and evidence-based therapy to support management of complex swallowing and communication difficulties, including
- supporting patients to work towards individual goals that are meaningful.
- working with clients with severe receptive and expressive communication difficulties (aphasia) following stroke to support functional understanding and expression
- supporting clients to return to work
- using communication therapy apps and software to support therapy and communication,
- using gesture, writing and pictures to support communication and communication recovery
- Supporting clients with progressive neurological disorders including Parkinson’s Disease and MS .
Cathy is member of the British Aphasiology Society and the Association of Speech and Language therapists in Independent practice (ASLTIP ) and she continues to attend conferences and courses to develop her skills.